Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Smallest Kitchen in the World

Location: Smallest Kitchen, Tokyo, Japan
Weather: Nice & warm indoors
Author: Greedy Pig Amy


Surprisingly, I have been quite motivated to cook since moving into our apartment. Partly because I love going grocery shopping and getting ingredients I can't get in Perth. Partly also because eating out can get monotonous after a while. There is only that many times I can go to Yoshinoya and Matsuya.

We've cooked quite a few things already but have never bothered to take pics. So I have made a conscious effort to take pics of certain dishes we make.


COOKING JAPANESE CURRY

Only managed to start taking pics after we cooked the curry...

Yum yum!


MAKING BIBIMBAP


After several attempts, we finally managed to find a Korean supermarket and got gochujang to make bibimbap. The reason being it is so fast and easy to make. All you really need is (in my case anyway) rice, egg, cucumber, maybe carrots or beansprouts, meat is a bonus. Voila!

Before

After


USING MY CUTE SUSHI MOULDS TO MAKE ONIGIRI

I love the 100 yen shop! That's where I got my cute sushi moulds to make onigiris, sushis, etc. And because I'm crazy about sushi moulds (onigiri moulds in particular), I took pics of the cheaters steps on making onigiri.

Get the mould ready. Mine is actually mini-size. So cute!

Put the seasoned rice in. This is chicken and egg flavour.

Press top part of mould down to get the triangle shape

Pretty onigiri!

Turn upside down

Push it out

Remove mould carefully

Ta-dah!!!

And that concludes today's episode of The Smallest Kitchen in the World. Please tune in next week for omurice (omelette rice) and hmm... what else should we cook?

Mom, are you proud of me? ^_^

1 comment:

  1. Food looks really yummy Amy!

    I thought the onigiri looked good.

    ReplyDelete