Sunday, March 22, 2009

Day 53 (Mar 21) - 2009 Tokyo Anime Fair (Part 2)

Location: Odaiba, Tokyo, Japan
Weather: 14 degrees
Author: Amy


Continued... Here's MORE pics!

NARUTO & BLEACH

There was quite a crowd gathered around the Naruto stall selling Naruto merchandise. I was one of the jostling crowd and got myself a few Naruto posters! Yay! I'm going to stick them around my loft.

I didn't manage to take pics of the merchandise cause there were too many people so just took pics of whichever statues I could.
The left is Deidara from Akatsuki, I think. Why him? I thought... The right is obviously Uchiha Sasuke.

Uchiha Sasuke. We don't like how his character has evolved in the manga.

Uzumaki Naruto! Yay!!! Our favourite guy! He is soooo cool in the manga now!

Life Naruto (in costume). I wanted to take pics with him but Chris wasn't keen. Boo...

Uchiha Sasuke again.

Some of the Naruto goodies. I love the 4th Hokage's back view.

How I wish I could get more of these stuff...

Where's Bleach, you wonder? Here's some.

Bleach is another anime I really enjoy.

My favourite character is actually the chibi on the top right corner.


More Naruto posters. These are 4-5m tall. I wanted to bring them home but thought it might be a little obvious if I tried to sneak them 4m displays out the door...

Kakashi and Gaara. My other favourite Naruto character is Kakashi.

And of course, the 2 main characters.

All together now!


FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST

I used to watch this but stopped after I couldn't get anymore episodes. But after seeing these displays, I decided to pick up the manga and re-read them.

Another display I want to bring home!

Alphonse Elric. I couldn't find Edward. Probably not impressive enough since he's such an ultra-chibi~ (Only those whoe read Fullmetal would appreciate this joke)

Fullmetal officers.



THE COLLECTOR'S DREAM

As promised, here are the little figurines and models (some of them not so little) that I managed to take pics of. Apparently some of them are reaaaally expensive.


134,400 yen

134,400 yen as well

134,400 yen too






A somewhat ecchi display.

This little figurine costs 7140 yen

Dragonball!

And more cutsey figurines.







I loved this one!!




There was no description I could have given for these cause I had no idea what characters they represent.

A rather boring post you may think. I guess you have to be there to appreciate the amount of effort put into all the exhibits and how well-embraced the anime culture is in Japan.

The cosplay events are in August and December so sometime in August, watch out for my posts on the cosplay events!

No comments:

Post a Comment