Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Amy's First Pair of Shoes! (in Japan)

Location: Asakusa, Tokyo, Japan
Weather: 16 degrees (beauuuutiful day!)
Author: Amy


Hi all!

Guys, ignore this post.

Girls, share my exuberance!

Just me being excited about buying my first pair of shoes in Japan! As some may know, the Japanese have the most interesting shoes (especially boots) and I am hoping to build up a nice collection of shoes while I'm here. And today, I have made my first step (ha ha... get it?)

Picture taken especially to show Mom & Von

They had this in red and black as well. I would have LOVED the red but they didn't have it in my size. The shop we went to was pretty cheap as well. I got this pair for 2100 yen. Chrissie also bought a couple of pairs and they were 1050 yen each.

There were also goth boots (with 6 inch platforms) going for 2100 yen but I thought maybe a bit much for my collection... After all, I want to WEAR it.

The funny thing about a lot of the shoe shops here is that they go by S, M, L & LL. So nothing in between. For example, the M of this pair was really tight but the L is a bit loose. Hmm...

Other shops go by 21, 22, 23, etc. but Japanese feet are very small so most sizes are 24 and below. Just to give you an idea, I'm probably 25 or possibly higher.

Yup! I think the guys must be bored out of their minds already so I'll end this here.

No comments:

Post a Comment