Thursday, June 11, 2009

2 June 2009 - DisneySea!!! - Part 2

Continued from previous...

20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA

We hit the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride next. The 'Journey to the Centre of the Earth' ride was just next door but was closed for maintenance for the whole of June! Boo!!! And it was supposed to be the most exciting ride too!

But as Chrissie pointed out: 'All the more reason to come back next time!' Heh heh...

The layout for 20,000 LUtS (I kept saying 2,000) was pretty well done, I reckon.

Overall view of 20,000 LUtS

This attraction was interesting because it is really a great huge pit (did I mention deep) that is meant to look and feel like the entrance to an offshore underwater scientific exploration chamber of some sort. There are walkways circling the water pit. Very cool.

Pics taken after the ride and walking back up to the surface

One of the exploration submarines.

A drill rig?

It's the attention to detail that really makes DisneyLand and DisneySea fabulous. Like introductions that never waver away from the story. Reality plays no part in DS!

The ride itself was a bit dizzy for me as I suffer motion sickness. We got into a circular? deep sea shuttle and went to the bottom of the ocean where we came across alien beings and hidden treasures!


INDIANA JONES: TEMPLE OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL


Here's one ride that I was really looking forward to!

The ceremonial priests had a day off the live sacrifices that day

I think this was my favourite ride in DS so far. You get into a jeep and get a helluva ride through secret chambers with deadly projectiles whistling through your hair and giant boulders ready to crush you!

I loved when the jeep would speed up but slow down when it starts getting too much and when it banks corners sharply. Yup! Definitely my fav. Some of the kids sitting in the jeep with us must have been on this ride many times cause they knew when to pose for the cameras. Us? We were just surprised when the flash went off and we saw our pics outside later.


A BRIEF INTERLUDE - LUNCH!

Lunch was at the Yucatan Base Camp Grill. We had Mexican rice with cabbage rolls in white sauce (Chris), kids meal of Mexican rice with burger patty and fried shrimp (Amy) and Mexican rice with smoked pork (S). I daresay that food at DS is better than DL. Usually food in DL&S are really substandard but this was decent.

Fueling ourselves for more fun ahead


RAGING SPIRITS

We went to this one right after lunch. I admit that I didn't really know what the ride was but I was impressed enough by the entrance, and with lingering exhiliration from Indy's ride, I decided to go for it along with Chris and S.

"Ooh! This looks exciting... Shall we try it?" Stupid me...

With the full belly (we had just had lunch 5 minutes before), I found out that this was a roller coaster ride with a 360 degree loop... My lunch almost protested after hearing that!

For those who don't know, I don't go on roller coasters because, frankly, elevators make me ill, speed makes me uncomfortable, cars and trains are sleep-time to avoid nausea.

This was possibly the very first time I had ever ridden a roller coaster ride!

The heroic champion...ess!

I survived it but I kept my eyes closed almost the entire time (besides the expected screams and shrieks). I remember 3 distinctive drops and the 360 loop that made me feel like I was going to fall out of my chair. We agreed that our favourite part of the ride was when we went through a water mist... It was refreshing!

This was the last exciting ride we had in DS. I won't even mention the actual last ride cause it was the most boring thing ever! For those planning on going to DS, please don't go on Sinbad's Storybook Adventure... You will end up getting the stupid song stuck in your head (ask S!) and feel terribly lethargic after the ride.

I just noticed that most of the pics are of me! There is a reason. Chris and S like taking pics without themselves in it. I'm the only one who wants myself in the pics.

Next up... Arabian Coast and Triton's Kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment