Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Beard Papa's & Others

Location: Tokyo, Japan
Weather:
All eaten indoors so 'weather' is just nice

Author:
Amy


Here's one post my mom would surely enjoy... Mom! Your Beard Papa's!!!

As many of you may know, I am obsessed with Beard Papa's Cream Puffs along with all sorts of other pastries. So here's some of the pastries and other foods we have tried out! Mostly at my insistence...


BEARD PAPA'S CREAM PUFF
Spring introduces the March Spring Specials: Strawberry Cream Puff! Along with some others.

Being the greedy pig I am, I ordered one of everything on the menu. Do I hear a gasp? Don't be shocked... there were only 5 items on the menu. Ha ha! How often can I say 'One of everything, please?'

Strawberry cream puff

CHOMPED strawberry cream puff

Paris Brest. Seriously... that's what it's called.

Paris Brest had a vanilla custard filling.

Cookie cream puff. I liked this the best.

CHOMPED cookie cream puff. The vanilla custard filling is different from those in Singapore and Australia.

Where's the other 2, you wonder? In my tummy too quickly for me to take pics... Sorry... It was just the original cream puff and a slice of cheesecake.

I think the strawberry shu (that's what they call cream puffs here) was normal. Not that outstanding. I prefer the vanilla custard fillings. The cookie shu was interesting cause the puff was more crunchy than a normal original shu.



SPRING SPECIAL
There is a bakery near our place which we decided to check out. They had a spring special (again! What a sucker I am!) so I got this pretty cake. It is basically a sponge cake with fresh cream and strawberry. It was not too sweet but could be because I only had one slice. I felt happy eating it cause it was pretty. But not the best tasting cake I've had. That honour belongs to the Shiroi Koibito Chocolate Factory in Sapporo.



CHEESECAKE!
We were in Shinjuku one day and I got attracted by a cheesecake shop so we had a sit-down and enjoyed some cheesecake. I had a mango cheesecake while Chrissie enjoyed a berry cheesecake.

Amy's

Chrissie's



MOS BURGER
And of course, we had Mos Burger (again!). I love MOS! The burgers are not greasy and are always carefully made. But a bit small...

Chrissie's fried prawn katsu burger

Amy's Mos (beef) burger. Yum!!

Definitely not enough. Once we start working, we will go absolutely wild trying all sorts of food! And pastries! But for now, we are practicing moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment